Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 10 September 2015

Lieutenant General Mkhwanazi slams claims that senior cops want Phiyega out

Former acting national police commissioner, Lieutenant General Nhlanhla Mkhwanazi has denied allegations that he has been ‘discarded’ by the South African Police Service (Saps).

Mkhwanazi says he is happy in his current role as a Divisional Commissioner for Facilities Management.

Mkhwanazi is challenging the reports by local media which reference him among a number of senior police officials who expressed dissatisfaction with the leadership of National Police Commissioner Riah Phiyega.

I am satisfied with any position that improves me as a manager. I do not feel that I was demoted. I am happy, that is why I am at work. If i wasn't, I would've resigned. But, it doesn't mean I am always going to be happy with whatever decision management takes. We cannot always agree on things.

— Lieutenant General Nhlanhla Mkhwanazi , SAPS
Reports also claimed that Mkhwanazi was 'discarded' from Saps, suggesting that he was unemployed without verifying the facts from him.

For more on this story, visit the EWN website.

Listen to the full conversation from The John Robbie Show:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates